Got to play.....

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited March 11, 2009 in People
Went to a pinup workshop and got to play with a great model. Very easy to work with and a beauty also.

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Not sure how to do multiple photos in one post.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    great job with the PP..it almost looks like a drawing. To add multiple pics

just:
    insert image address here

insert image address here

etc
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    I agree ....the processing is perfect for the subject.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Hackbone wrote:
    Not sure how to do multiple photos in one post.

Loving this one! Is you PP an action? Lucky guy you got to play! wings.gif
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
    edited March 10, 2009
    Quarik,

You lost me on the multiple photo posting. Sorry, a little dense in that catagory.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Hackbone wrote:
    Quarik,

You lost me on the multiple photo posting. Sorry, a little dense in that catagory.

not sure how to simplify that explaintion anymore..hehe

literally type the imag tags tags below in your post except inplace of "insertimageaddress", cut and paste the actual image adresss for example "http:/www.smugmug.com/sample.jpg":

insertimageaddress
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Beautifully done! I've always wanted to do a workshop like that....great stuff.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited March 10, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    not sure how to simplify that explaintion anymore..hehe

literally type the imag tags tags below in your post except inplace of "insertimageaddress", cut and paste the actual image adresss for example "http:/www.smugmug.com/sample.jpg":

insertimageaddress

I'm guessing that the photos must have to be at smugmug. I'll look into that. Thanks!!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Smugmug or hosted somewhere else on the web... Flicker, snapfish or something else...
    Also you will notice a marked change in the clarity of your photos on the web if you post imbed them rather then attaching.

These are some of the best pinups I have seen on here. Really nice work and fantastic model- she has just the right look.

Question about the first one:
    How did you get the circle behind her? Is that all in post? Or was it a snooted gel strobe from somewhere above? (That was a big ol' guess)

Also it seems like her legs tend to fade to the Magenta side of things just below the circle. It might be an optical illusion, but that is what it looks like to me (unmeasured, though).

She looks like a fun model to work with! Thanks for sharing!
    edited March 10, 2009
    Smugmug or hosted somewhere else on the web... Flicker, snapfish or something else...
    Also you will notice a marked change in the clarity of your photos on the web if you post imbed them rather then attaching.

These are some of the best pinups I have seen on here. Really nice work and fantastic model- she has just the right look.

Question about the first one:
    How did you get the circle behind her? Is that all in post? Or was it a snooted gel strobe from somewhere above? (That was a big ol' guess)

Also it seems like her legs tend to fade to the Magenta side of things just below the circle. It might be an optical illusion, but that is what it looks like to me (unmeasured, though).

She looks like a fun model to work with! Thanks for sharing!

Circle is done on its own layer with a gradiant and the leg magenta should be shadow fall off that the process created. Not an action just playing with photoshop and a plug in called Lucius.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 11, 2009
    Hackbone wrote:
    Circle is done on its own layer with a gradiant and the leg magenta should be shadow fall off that the process created. Not an action just playing with photoshop and a plug in called Lucius.

These rock, Hackbone. clap.gif I especially like #2. In #1, I was wondering why you left the background white between her arms and neck. I suppose it doesn't matter, really, but it looked a little odd to me.
    edited March 11, 2009
    Richland, thanks for the kind words. The gradient was feathered and that is just where it laid. If I had pulled the circle down more it would have been more solid. It's nice to have another pair of eyes, I didn't even notice it as unusual till now, thanks.